Thursday 19 December 2019

coordinate system - Defining new custom projections in QGIS?


I'm trying to define a projection in QGIS. I want to add North America Albers Equal Area Conic. From the spatialreference site I copied the proj4 line:


+proj=aea +lat_1=20 +lat_2=60 +lat_0=40 +lon_0=-96 +x_0=0 +y_0=0 +ellps=GRS80 +datum=NAD83 +units=m +no_defs


Then I went into QGIS -> Settings -> Custom CRS and pasted the following into the window:


enter image description here


But when I go to view the projection within QGIS I see a very different set of parameters:


enter image description here



Is this ok?


I don't know enough about projections to tell if the parameters generated are the correct ones, or whether something else is going on. It also ignored the name that I provided which made me suspect the parameters may also be incorrect.


I'm using QGIS 1.7.3 on Windows 7.



Answer



@underdark made me realize that I didn't actually press save while defining the CRS. So, what I needed to do was first click save, and then to click ok. The projection then showed up fine.


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...