Sunday 29 December 2019

cartography - Mapping parliamentary results (categorical data) by share of polygon in QGIS


I'm trying to recreate the fill effect in this map:Slovak Parliamentary Eleciton Where each polygon is filled based on the percentage of vote each parliamentary party gained. The author wrote "I converted the inner polygons into raster data format and applied a pixel-counting technique to create subdivisions of accurate size." Source


I'm hoping to do this with QGIS, I have polygons with the number of votes each party has gotten in a different election. I can convert them to raster polygons, but I'm not sure how to color them and achieve the "stripe" effect.


Also I believe this data is "categorical" but correct me if there is a different term I should be using.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...