Sunday 22 December 2019

arcgis desktop - Creating a point corresponding to the maximum elevation of a DEM



I am wondering how can I create a point corresponding to the maximum elevation value of a DEM. I mean, from the DEM I can easily get the maximum elevation. For the sake of a viewshed analysis, I would like to create a point feature corresponding to the spot with maximum elevation. I guess it is simple, but I am having difficulties in finding the right procedure.


I am using arcgis 10.1 (with advanced license).



Answer



if you compute the statistics of your raster, (or with zonal statistics if you look for a specific zone), you can find its maximum value (properties > source > Statistics > max)


Then you can use the value in raster calculator



Con("raster" == maxvalue, 1)

EDIt: where maxvalue is either the raster created by zonal statistics or the value that you read in the properties.


EDIT Actually it does work in Map algebra. Thank you @WhiteboxDev for the idea :


 Con("raster" == "raster".maximum, 1 )

and convert the resulting raster to point.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...