Tuesday 31 December 2019

qgis - Grass 7 no longer works via the Processing Toolbox on Ubuntu


When I try to execute a Grass 7 algorithm via the Processing Toolbox in QGIS 2.10, 2.8.2 or 2.8.1, I get the following error:



Missing dependency. This algorithm cannot be run :-(



QGIS erroneously claims Grass 7 is not installed, but it was working fine a few months ago. I'm on Ubuntu 14.04.


I installed Grass 7.0.0-1~exp2~trusty3 on my desktop and laptop using the UbuntuGIS Unstable PPA. I installed QGIS 2.10.0 (desktop) and 2.8.2 (laptop) using the software repositories published on the QGIS website.


In an effort to track down the problem, I downgraded my laptop from QGIS 2.8.2 to 2.8.1 using the UbuntuGIS Unstable PPA; the same PPA that provides Grass 7. However, I still get the same error. So I suspect problem is with Grass 7.0.0-1~exp2~trusty3 that was compiled at the end of March.


For a time a few months ago I had Grass 6 and 7 installed along side each other, I was able to access both via Processing in QGIS. Grass 6 is no longer available in the UbuntuGIS Unstable PPA, so downgrading Grass 7 may be impossible.


Does anyone have a fix for this or are you experiencing the same problem?





No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...