Monday 1 October 2018

Forcing decimal numbers to use comma in ArcGIS Field Calculator?


Can I add the comma "," to force the decimals to remove from the attribute and replace with the number?



For example, I have an Acres field column that says 506320.0750 and I want to replace the decimal with the comma, say 506,320? I want that number to be permanment.


Is that possible? I'm using ArcGIS Desktop 9.3.1



Answer



If you force it you would need to convert from numeric to text.
What you want to do is change the display. Open the field properties dialog by right clicking on the field name in the attribute table..
Field properties
click the ellipses next to numeric...
then in the number format dialog select the number of decimals you desire.
then show thousands seperator check box.


HTH



No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...