Saturday 27 October 2018

tools - Python for GIS on a thumb-drive


I'm looking at putting together a light Python install on a thumb drive that I can take to client offices and do some basic GIS processing. I'm thinking of installing the following:



  • PyScripter

  • Python 2.6/2.7

  • Numpy

  • Scipy


  • GDAL/OGR with the Python bindings

  • GRASS, likewise with the Pythong bindings

  • QGIS


Does anyone have any suggestions of any libraries / software that might be a useful addition? Typically I'll be working with raster datasets, but any and all suggestions would be appreciated.


(I'll cw the question if people think that its appropriate).



Answer



Portable Python http://www.portablepython.com/


Interesting project you have will it be available to the GIS community?


Maybe of interest Portable GIS http://www.archaeogeek.com/blog/portable-gis/



No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...