Saturday 27 October 2018

arcgis desktop - How to add HERE maps to ArcMap?


I am trying to add an interactive map HERE to my ArcMap? I am using ArcGIS 10 and the path I have been following so far is through "Add WMS Server" (Catalog -> GIS Servers -> Add WMS Server). Unfortunately, this is not working for me. The way I see it, this can have two reasons:



  1. Did I do something wrong here ?

  2. This is not the way to go.


In case of the former, what is that I am doing wrong?


I am using the AppID and AppCode from my HERE developer account. I have tried different things for the URL. The last one I tried was simply https://www.here.com/?map=51.54916,5.64706,10,normal (I was running out of ideas). Usually it tells me there is a connection error.



Add WMS Server


In case of option 2, that this isn't the way to go, what should I do to display HERE maps in ArcMap? It surely isn't offered through Add Basemap/ArcGIS Online.


In QGIS it is possible to add HERE maps in multiple ways. See this post: HERE background maps in QGIS possible? I hope there is a way around to get it fix in ArcMap as well.


I think that there is a third option, and that it isn't possible at all, period. But I sure hope somebody can tell me how I can get it done.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...