Sunday 28 October 2018

qgis - Is there a way to get correctly aligned print export with OpenLayers plugin?



I am a beginner using QGIS (1.8.0 Lisboa) on a Mac (OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard). I work on a file with two layers in the following sequence (top to bottom):




  • a vector polygon layer with a few outlines of various buildings in France and Italy (CRS: EPSG:4326 - WGS 84 - "on the fly" re projection is activated )

  • a Google satellite layer uploaded via open layer plugin.


Sometimes when changing the scale (scrolling in and out) the Google layer updates a little wrong in size or position compared to the polygon layer. But as soon as I "pan" the map everything reconstructs right. Now the problem I have concerns the print composer.


The result of any kind of export - pdf, or image or svg - of my map (vector layer + Google layer in the background) differs from what is shown in the preview of the print composer: the vector layer and the Google layer positions are mismatching and in a different scale. I can send some pictures showing screenshots of the print composer preview and the final results if required.


I tried almost everything:



  • new files with different CRS settings

  • "cache" update preview

  • "render" update preview


  • different paper sizes,

  • different scales,


The problem appears only using an open layer map (Google, OpenStreetMap...). If I try the same using two vector layer (shapefile) - one with the buildings, another one with the city in background - everything works out great.


...exasperating! Since it is a real important research project I would be very grateful for some help and tips.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...