Monday 29 October 2018

How can I convert an excel file with x, y columns to a shapefile?


How can I convert an excel file with x, y columns to a point shapefile?


There are some somewhat optional requirements in addition to the correct creation of a shapefile:



  1. Column types (as per Excel's format specifiers) should be retained (especially date types)

  2. Column names should be taken from the header

  3. I would like to do this from the command-line


  4. If I can include heterogeneous spatial references for the points in a third column I would be very happy :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...