Saturday 20 October 2018

ArcMap 10: How do I escape certain characters when labeling?


I am labeling certain Oil & Gas areas by Operator in ArcMap 10, using this expression:


"" & [OPERATOR] & "" & vbNewline & "" & [UNIT_NAME] & ""


enter image description here


The only problem is that when the operator includes an ampersand (&), the label messes up because it's reading it as part of the expression, and ends up looking like it does in the screenshot below.


I know that in PHP (from my experience programming unrelated to GIS), there is a way to escape certain characters, but I haven't been able to find it in VBScript.



Screenshot: http://i.stack.imgur.com/gdKxB.png




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...