Wednesday 25 October 2017

qgis - Split polygons into equal areas within each region


I've a set of regions within a city. I'd like to split each region into five subregions and then get the centroid of each one of them.


I know how to make a vector grid, but the problem I have is that the generated points are not taking into account the regions, they're only related to the general map.


I have this:


original map split by regions


And I want to split each region in five equal size areas. Something like this:


some regions with splitted areas



I'd like to build a visualization similar to this one: http://bl.ocks.org/mbostock/8814734. In order to accomplish that, I need to split each region, because the original ones are pretty big.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...