Tuesday 24 October 2017

coordinate system - Why does my map look stretched out?


I've decided to give this map design thing a go - I downloaded the USA counties shapefile from National Atlas, exported them to SQLite from QGIS, and then linked the SQLite file in Tilemill, and this is the result I get:


Stretched Out Map


I know that something with my SRS string is off, but when I selected WGS84, it still looks too wide. What should I be doing to make sure my map projection remains proper?


(The reason I exported to sqlite was that there are like 3000 nodes in that shapefile, and mapbox would only show 500 when I imported the shapefile directly)




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...