Tuesday 24 October 2017

cartography - Making beautiful maps in R?



There are quite some nice possibilities to analyse spatial data in R and in the context of my current project I would like to use R more frequently to do that.


Until now I plot my maps with ggplot2 package that brings a lot of practical tools to plot and explore data. Still my maps are not nearly as good looking as the ones I used to plot in ArcGIS.


So for publishing purposes I wonder if there are any good tutorials, books, practical tips, packages etc. that I could use to experiment a little bit and make my maps more good looking?



Answer




In addition to the ones posted here, in the R gallery website there are a few examples:





other websites with tutorials and good mapping examples in R:



I hope this helps. The last one gives you one example with vector data and another with satellite imagery, while the r-bloggers has many other mapping examples with R.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...