Tuesday 24 October 2017

arcgis 10.0 - How to easily label point values in ArcScene?


I would like to be able to quickly label point values in my scene.


I am aware of the fact that there is no out-of-the-box solution to label features in ArcScene similar to the one in ArcMap. (No doubt the 3D environment is presenting a lot of complexity to the programmers.)


I've worked with some (expensive) programs that were able to successfully and cleanly label feature in 3D environment but redrawing/refreshing was required to update the labels. (Gemcom GEMS)



I do not need my points to rotate correctly with the scene or anything as fancy as that however I am a little tired of placing text manually in the scene or in post-processing.


Does anyone know of a working solution?



Answer



It is amazing tool, it works in ArcScene 10.2 just follow this link (or this archived link). GEOLOGIC CROSS SECTION WITH POINTS LABELS


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...