Friday 20 October 2017

qgis - CRS information not recognized when geopackage is loaded


I am starting to transition from .shp to geopackage data format in QGIS. There are many benefits to the format that give it an advantage over shapefile for many of my projects. However, I am having a recurring issue. When ever I load a previously saved geopackage file into QGIS, the program does not recognize the CRS and defaults it to that of the project. I then have to go into the properties and change the CRS to the appropriate system. I have tried updating the metadata for the layer but this does not help. What can I do to ensure that CRS information is included with the geopackage?


Geopackaging process- To create a geopackage I use the Export tool found when one right clicks on a layer in the QGIS "Layers" panel. I then select Geopackage as the file type and set the CRS for the saved file. The source files are generally in CSV or .shp or .tab(Mapinfo). The issue seems to occur regardless of the file type.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...