Saturday 21 October 2017

arcgis desktop - ArcMap: Copying features class to Oracle DB fails: Shape integrity error


I have a feature class in an ESRI file geodatabase where I have isolated one feature. When I copy the feature class to a oracle db (ST_Geometry as defaults; by copy and paste; also fails with gp tools or by python cursor) I get the error "Shape integrity error". Copying the feature or the feature class to other file gdb feature classes works. It only fails on my oracle db.


Check geometry returns no error. What could be wrong? What can I do?


The shape looks like this:


A shape that fails


The domain of the feature class is X=(-20037700 to 900699887774,099) Y=(-30241100 to 900689684374,099). The resolution 0,0001 meters and the tolerance 0,001 meters.


EDIT: It also occurs when I copy it to a SQL Server database.



Answer




I have solved this problem by applying ArcGIS Pro 2.0 that has luckily just been released and by using the Tool "Repair Geometry": https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/tool-reference/data-management/repair-geometry.htm with the validation_method = 'OGC' parameter.


This solves the problem. Unfortunately now there exist features in the database that can not be copied to another feature class in the database. If I want to copy these features I have to copy them to a local(fGDB) feature class do "Repair Geometry" and then I can copy it to a feature class in a database. But I can live with that.


Thank you all for your help!


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...