Wednesday 1 March 2017

Creating Centrelines from Road Polygons/Casings using ArcGIS Desktop?


I want to create center lines from road polygons.


Are there any automated tools in ArcGIS for Desktop to do this?


I am including a Screenshot of my vector file below.


enter image description here



Answer



Finally i got a solution. I converted the polygon to image in arcgis using Polygon to raster tool. Then reclassified it and used Automatic vectorization. About 90 percent accuracy is obtained using this method. There are only little snapping mismatches and also the line is drawn through the exact centre. I think this is the best way if you do not have a ET geowizards licence.



The ArcScan for ArcGIS home page says:



Starting with the release of ArcGIS 10.1, ArcScan for ArcGIS is included in all license levels of ArcGIS Desktop software at no additional cost.



No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...