Friday 24 March 2017

print composer - Exporting aerial imagery from QGIS?


Looked around but couldn't find the answer to my question, so here goes. I am trying to export some decent quality (300dpi) aerial images from QGIS using the OpenLayers plugin. Sometimes it works, and then sometimes it doesn't. The export goes through just fine, but when I go to the file it looks like this.


Weird export problem


Basically I get the image I wanted in the center, but it's hacked off at the sides and corners into a rough oval shape, with a zoomed-in image filling the gaps around it.


It's weird.



This happens whether I export as jpg or pdf, whether I check print as raster or not. I reset the project projection to the google aerial's projection; that didn't help. Previously I thought I was causing this problem by trying to export too large or with the resolution set too high, but now it's happening all the time.


Any ideas why this is happening and how to get around it?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...