Wednesday 22 March 2017

gdal - How to create a mosaic in QGIS with cutline and feathering for Landsat-8 imagery


1 - I have two scenes Landsat-8 RGB 6/5/4 and I need to mosaic them:


Landsat-8 scenes



2- This is my cutline in polygon format that will smooth the overlapping area:


Landsat-8 polygon cutline


3 - So, I need to create a mosaic with feathering like ERDAS or ENVI applications. This is my goal:


Landsat-8 mosaic with cutline and feathering


It's possible to make this in QGIS, GDAL or another opensource software?



Answer



Like mentioned before, you might want to try OSSIM. It is a series of commandline programs and one or two GUI's. I am currently trying that out. There is no option to use a cutline as far as I know.


Information about OSSIM: http://trac.osgeo.org/ossim


Installers can be found at: http://download.osgeo.org/ossim/installers


The current GUI is called Geocell. You can find a video tutorial here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66wUXo95yp0



Imagelinker is a GUI that is not being updated anymore, although it does come along with the current Osgeo4W installer. But you can still take a look at tutorials for some guidance.


The only unpleasant thing about OSSIM is you have to setup elevation and preferences. But with some persistance, you get everything running. Please keep me updated on your progress. Would like to see what works best for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...