Friday 24 March 2017

ubuntu - Installing SAGA GIS 2.1



I am using QGIS 1.9 master with Ubuntu 13.04. I tried to use the SAGA hydrology tools in sextante today and it said they did not appeared to be installed. I checked and sure enough SAGA was indeed installed.


I did some searching and found out I need to update SAGA to version 2.1. I added the unofficial ppa (ppa:johanvdw/saga-gis) and ran sudo apt-get update and tried to install. I get a message telling me it is already installed. So I uninstalled 2.0.8 and tried again. It just reinstalled 2.0.8. I tried targeting the install sudo apt-get install -t saga-gis saga. it told me there was no saga-gis. I opened the synaptic package handler to choose the packages manually and nothing shows up their either. However, when I look at the software and updates section I can clearly see the added repository and according to the launchpad site their is a raring version. Here is a picture showing synaptic.enter image description here Any ideas??



Answer



Try the following commands from a command line:


sudo add-apt-repository ppa:johanvdw/saga-gis
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install saga

The problem may be that synaptic has not updated it sources because the signing key was not imported. This should be the most easy way to fix that error.


[update] It seems the wxwidgets package for raring was uploaded but not build for some reason. This is now fixed. You should be able to install saga on raring.



No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...