Wednesday 22 March 2017

How to do a Point to Polygon analysis with multiple variables in QGIS?



I have a database of almost 10k crimes, which are divided in to 10 categories and plotted on a map


I also have a database of 12k addresses, which are also plotted on the map.


I aim to perform a multiple regression to determine whether there are correlations between types of crime and house price.


I have created a buffer of 250 meters around each of the addresses, and would like to list a count of each of the crimes which are located within this buffered zone for each of the addresses, however, I can only get QGIS to give me a count of all types of crime, rather than the specifics.


Does anyone know how to do a point to polygon analysis of this type? I am in the middle of breaking the crime databases to analyse each one separately, which is a bit difficult!




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...