Wednesday 22 March 2017

Add secured WMS service from Geoserver to ArcGIS 10.2 to 10.4


I have a Geoserver running with multiple accounts (secured via Geofence). Each account has access to a certain workspace. In Qgis I am able to add data from any account using the WMS service.


The problem arises with Arcgis, where I can make a connection to Geoserver but the layers are not added. Using Wireshark to check the outgoing request I've noticed that ArcGIS does not include a basic authentication header, and is therefore unable to show the layers.



  • My Geoserver service security rules are: Rule Path: * . * , Roles: *


  • Role(s) are associated with the required user and those Roles are linked with the correct workspace/layers in Data Security.


What I've already tried is adding username and password in the URL like: http://user:pasword@urltogeoserver.com/geoserver/wms?, with no succes.


How can I add a secured WMS layer through ArcGIS? Or how can I force ArcGIS to include a basic authentication header in the request?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...