Wednesday 22 March 2017

Openlayers - Get extent of WFS vector layer and zoom to that extent when map


I would like to do the following:


1) While loading an OpenLayers map object get the lat/long Bounding Box of a WFS vector layer served from GeoServer. 2) Use the extent from the WFS vector layer to zoom so the entire layer is viewable.


This is the script I have now that uses the lat/longs from the WFS vector and then zooms. This script works fine. I have a javascript function where the map and controls are created in the onLoad of the html Body tag. At the end of the script I call the loadZoomTo() function which then calls this line of script;


function zoomOnLoad() {
this.map.setCenter(new OpenLayers.Bounds(-79.8961,41.1,-78.80809,42.2).getCenterLonLat(), 10);
}

In this script I have the lat/longs hard-coded but I need to be able to change these interactively depending on what option the user selects when he enters the application. If I remove the hard-coded lat/longs and try to replace them with something like this:



function zoomOnLoad() {
this.map.setCenter(new OpenLayers.Bounds(mLayers[a].getDataExtent()).getCenterLonLat(), 0);
}

it fails. I have also tried the event handler method as detailed here: OpenLayers, zoom to vector layer extent


but all I get is the html of the page with none of the OpenLayers stuff. No map, no controls etc..


Any suggestions would be appreciated.



Answer



After struggling with it for about 6 hours I was able to get it to work. Here is the script I used to solve the problem:


lyrstands = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("Stands 1stQ 2012",

{
strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX()],
eventListeners: {
'loadend': function (evt) {//THE LOADEND EVENT LISTENER - WHEN THE LAYER IS DONE LOADING...
map.zoomToExtent(lyrstands.getDataExtent());//ZOOM TO ITS EXTENT!
}//END OF THE LOADEND EVENT
},//END OF THE eventListeners BLOCK
protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
url: "/geoserver/wfs",
featureType: "Stands_1stQ2012",

featureNS: "http://000.000.000.000:8080/OH_Layers",
geometryName: "the_geom",
version: "1.1.0"
})
});

No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...