Monday 26 August 2019

Viewshed analysis using polygons in ArcGIS Desktop?


I'd like to do a viewshed analysis of mines in the midwest. What I have are point features indicating the location of the mines. I also have an acreage field, which I could use to expand from the point and create a buffer polygon that approximates the size of the mine. I'd like to do a viewshed analysis on this polygon, rather than the point, since the point is just an arbitrary "center" of the mine.


Unfortunately, Viewshed in ArcGIS only allows me to approximate the viewshed of a point itself. Are there any ways to do polygons instead?





No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...