Wednesday 28 August 2019

qgis - What's the unit of measurements produced by "sum line lengths"?


My goal is to find the total length of roads per county for a particular state. You would think there would be a simple government spreadsheet with this information in it....


I cannot figure out how to find the summed lengths of a polyline layer(roads) in each county (polygon) in QGIS. I have tried using Vector-> Analysis -> Sum line lengths but it just reproduces the county shapefile with a length column, of which I have no idea what unit it is in.





No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...