Sunday 18 August 2019

telecom - ArcFM v/s Network Engineer


Which software would you prefer for a telecom GIS project and why?


I have experience with both, but I personally prefer Telvent ArcFM over Telcordia Network Engineer because of it's functionality and tighter integration with ESRI products, especially ArcGIS Server.


Any other opinions?


Edit:

I would like to have your views based on (but not limited to) these factors:
1. Performance
2. Scalability
3. Database Support
4. Customization options/ ease of customization
5. Interoperability with other (GIS) systems
6. Data exchange to/from other non-GIS systems (like Sharepoint, middlewares etc.)
7. Availability of a web-based offering


I am purposefully ignoring cost at this moment as I would like a completely technical aspect for the comparison.



Answer




Have to go back to my usual repsonse, do you need to talk/import/export with other vendors or clients or contractors? That is a big part of what you should take into consideration. If this is going to be your Enterprise Platform, then you really need to consider what you DB side is.

I would side heavily with Mapperz on the AutoCAD/Oracle side; for a large system this is a solution that is really hard to beat. But if you have cost concerns, the SQL2008 may be your RDBMS of choice, which may push you towards a ESRI based offering. In that case, I would really look at ArcFM; it his a very good reputation as a toolset and having good support for there customers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...