Saturday 24 August 2019

Merging DEMs in ArcGIS Desktop?


I'm trying to merge some DEMs downloaded from USGS. When I used ArcGIS 9.2 there was an expression to be used in raster calculator to do that. I used it again but, unfortunately, it doesn't work in ArcGIS 10.2.


What can I do?



I do not have the Production Contouring toolbar.



Answer



Start by converting them to raster formats (assuming they are in DEM format to start with): enter image description here


then use the 'Mosaic to New Raster' tool to combine the different rasters into a single one: enter image description here


Make sure that they are in the same units before mosaicing them or they will look really odd when you stitch them together.


That's the basic approach I use, I'm assuming the DEMs you have are all in the same coordinate system/projection/units/cell size/etc. If not, make sure you get all the rasters into identical formats before you start, it will make your life a lot easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...