Friday 23 August 2019

references - Tutorial for OpenLayers?



I need to create a web map showing many raster layers. I am using mapserver and want to use Openlayers, however I can't find any good tutorial about it. I see a couple of old questions (1 and 2) saying that there were no good documentation. Have the things changed recently?


I would like to find a tutorial teaching from basics to rather complicated things with good explanations of the code and pictures/examples of the results. For now I managed to do only the simplest web map with my .map file, but I need to customize it (add legends, group layers, add more controls, embedding, etc).



Answer



While the others have suggested good online tutorials, let me tell you about the book that gave me a much needed strong foundation in OpenLayers.


The book is: Erik Hazzard's OpenLayers 2.10 Beginner's Guide. It is available from Packt Publishers.


I would strongly recommend the book, because it deals with all major parts of the Library. It starts from basics, and slowly helps you grow towards complicated parts of the API.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...