Saturday 24 August 2019

shapefile - Convert SHP to GPX with predefined SHP style in QGIS


I had defined graduated style in QGIS for points contained in shp format. I had saved this style in sld and qpj format so now I am able to open shp in QGIS and it automatically loads its style (I am not sure if it would with other GIS software assuming I have sld).


But what I would like to do is to convert/save/export this shp with defined style to gpx, kml or kmz (preferably to gpx).


I have been trying...



  • Right click on a layer

  • Save as...

  • In Save vector layer as...: Format: GPX, Choose File Name, Symbology export: Feature Symbology (and Symbol Layer Symbology), GPX_USE_EXTENSIONS=YES, FORCE_GPX_TRACK=YES + other default options.



...but I havent had any luck.


Can this be done?


My goal is to upload gpx to Google My maps.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...