Sunday 25 August 2019

How to put North Arrow and Scale on map in COMPOSER in QGIS 2.2.0


I am new to QGIS and the questions asked and answered here about the North Arrow do not seem to help me solve my problem below.



In the main mapping pane of QGIS 2.2.0 Valmiera, I can add the scale and north arrow, but as soon as I go to the Composer to print a map, those two things disappear from the map that I open in the composer.


The Composer has something which allows me to add a scale thing, but it shows the actual scale on the paper that I'll be printing on and not the actual scale of the surface of the earth of the displayed map. I even tried refreshing the map but it did not work.


The bottom line is this: How do I get a scale thing (sorry!) (expanding and contracting in values as I zoom in and out) in Composer, and how do I get a North Arrow in there as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...