Saturday 31 August 2019

python - Server side clusterer for Google Maps


After doing a lot of research on different types of clustering coordinates (server side) I am still having problems with choosing the best approach for my project.


My requirements:



  1. Ability to work with more than 1.000,000 coordinates.


  2. Be able to filter coordinates by point of interest.

  3. Support map zooming and dragging.

  4. Fast

  5. I can't use any third party services.


Here is what I found:



  1. Region quadtree seems to the most suitable algorithm.

  2. Geo hashing coordinates + Solr for quick retrieval/filtering of points (might only work with small set of data since the clustering will have to happen on the fly)



I would like to know how to deal with map zooming & dragging while maintaining fast response from the server. How can clusters be cached if the maps is dragged, zoomed? Some clusters can be pre-clustered for large areas (continents) but what if there are 10,000 points within once city?


My software stack is postgresql, python, django.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...