Thursday 27 December 2018

qgis - What's the easiest way (style wise) to publish my MapInfo map as WMS?



I've downloaded data for my country from OSM and let a GIS expert to style it for me in MapInfo pro. (I have TAB files and .wor - workspace).


When I tried converting them to SHP (for QGIS) I've noticed that the styles don't transfer with the conversion (they are saved in the workspace in MapInfo Pro). So I manually re edited the SHP file to match the style.


Next , When I imported the SHP files to GeoServer , Again the styles from the SHP files didn't transfer - and here I'm stuck. I'm using windows based machine with QGIS and MapInfo. I have GeoServer installed (and can also install other WMS like MapServer if needed).


I'm looking for the easiest way to set styled layers in any MapServer so I could install "offline" map based web app on client site (using open source WMS)


Thx.



Answer



Two options come to mind




  1. Stick with Geoserver and export the styles from QGIS as SLDs. SLD is supported by both QGIS and Geoserver.





  2. Use QGIS Server instead of Geoserver and publish your QGIS Desktop project directly.




If I understand you correctly, you already converted all styles from Mapinfo to QGIS. Otherwise you could have tried Nathan's Mapinfo to QGIS Style Converter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...