Wednesday 26 December 2018

How to increase FUSION-LTK lidar processing productivity?


I am processing Lidar data with FUSION-LTK. My study area contains 5 blocks of 1000 las tiles per block. Each block is broken into approximately 4 subblocks of 250 las tiles. I am calculating grid metrics and strata metrics to assess vegetation structure. I wrote simple batch files to process entire blocks (e.g. block 1 subblock1; block 1 subblock2;...) using the command line tools in FUSION-LTK.



The problem I am encountering is that I am only able to process one subblock at a time. When I try to simultaneously start processing on another block, the current session of FUSION-LTK stops the processing and moves to the new block. How can I improve the processing workflow so that more than one subblock are processed simultaneously, or at least enhance the multiprocessing capabilities of LTK?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...