Monday 24 December 2018

GUI tools for PostgreSQL/PostGIS?



as a cartographer I work with TileMill to visualize geodata. I installed a local PostgreSQL server with PostGIS and osm2pgsql. Everything works fine.


Anyhow, I am new to working with servers and the command line approach. So, in learning the basics of database management, some GUI tool would be of great help. Could I for example safely run the PgAdmin app next to the PostgrSQL installation (http://postgresapp.com/) on my Mac OS X Mavericks?


Any suggestions most welcome.



Answer



A great solution is to use QGIS as a GUI for PostGIS.


QGIS is a fully-functional GIS (I prefer to think of it actually as a meta-GIS given that it is built on many GIS packages). It has built-in support to connect to PostGIS and therefore gives you all the tools needed to view, edit and create maps from your data.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...