Friday 28 September 2018

topology - Identifying overlapping polygons in single layer using QGIS?


I have a shapefile of buffered points in QGIS. I need to display all buffer polygons in this layer which overlap. I have experimented with the intersect tool, but this only seems to work if I am looking at the intersection of 2 separate layers otherwise it just says that all polygons intersect.


Does anyone have a QGIS solution?



Answer



Enable Topology Checker Plugin in Plugin Manager. Add your polygonal layer in Topology Rule Settings window, select "must not overlap" rule and add them. To see overlap errors click on Validate button.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...