Thursday 27 September 2018

remote sensing - Finding Sentinel tile for specific Long/Lat coordinate


I'm building a tool that downloads images from "Sentinel-2 on AWS"


I have a trouble translating Long/Lat coordinates to a specific Sentinel tile. I know that Sentinel 2 uses MGRS and I tried to simply convert Long/Lat to MGRS and with low precision I get the S2A tile ID. And it works, but not always.


For example, Long/Lat 34.665,31.625 resolves to "36R XA" in MGRS, but the Sentinel tile 36RXA doesn't exist.


What would be the right way of determining Sentinel tile using Long/Lat coordinates?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...