Sunday 23 September 2018

postgis - Load a shapefile in PostgreSQL database with PHP


I am trying to load a shapefile in a PostGIS database using the exec() command. I have read the format I have to follow from here and I checked several similar questions from the forum.


Based on the above I wrote this script:



$command = 'shp2pgsql -s 2100 -d /home/enomix/www/EsoterikoFinal/Maps/shps/nodes.shp | psql -h localhost -p 5432 -d shapeDb -U postgres -W xxx'; $output = exec($command); print_r($output);



What I want is to load the shapefile into a newly created table which is in a database called 'shapeDb'. Every time I load a shapefile I want the previous table to be dropped and a new table to be created (that's why I use the -d option). I have defined a full path for my shapefile (should I define a relative one like: "shps/nodes"?)


When I run the script I get nothing back as a response although I have a:


ini_set('display_errors', 1);


Its the first time I do something like this. Any idea what I am doing wrong?


EDITED


Running the above command on the terminal it works fine. But I still can not figure out how to drop the previous table and create a new one each time I run the query. And also why the exec command doesn't work!


EDITED II


Now I made it work. The -W xxx was causing problems. I don't know why though (its just the password). I run my script like this:


$command = 'shp2pgsql -s 2100 /home/enomix/www/EsoterikoFinal/Maps/shps/nodes.shp  | psql -h localhost -p 5432 -d esoteriko -U postgres';
exec($command,$out,$ret);

BUT still I can not figure out how to drop the table each time and create a new one. ANY IDEAS?



EDITED III


This works now:


$command = 'shp2pgsql -s 2100 -d /home/enomix/www/EsoterikoFinal/Maps/shps/nodes.shp  | psql -h localhost -p 5432 -d esoteriko -U postgres';
exec($command,$out,$ret);

Note: Don't forget to add the postgis extension to your postgresql database like:


CREATE EXTENSION postgis

Answer



This works now:


$command = 'shp2pgsql -s 2100 -d /home/enomix/www/EsoterikoFinal/Maps/shps/nodes.shp  | psql -h localhost -p 5432 -d esoteriko -U postgres';


exec($command,$out,$ret);


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...