Thursday 20 September 2018

qgis - Developing Web Application For Map




I have huge data of maps usually most of the table are co-ordinates and the other are raster maps stored in SQL server 2008 and PostGres Server. I am using desktop application to analyse the data. Usually the desktop end is QGIS or mapinfo. Now I think It would be easier if end user could do the same with the same dataset. So I am building a web application so that those data could be queried and manipulated by end user as required and view as layer. How to get started with this? I had a look at this and this.



The requirement :




  1. User should be able to query data from server and display it as map.


  2. Since there are multiple tables they should come as multiple layers and user can disable and enable the layer.





  3. There is no relation what so ever with google/bing/or third party maps ( may be this could be quite a feature for version 2)




Actually I want to build simple web application that acts as basic GIS application. Well tell me if I am reinventing the wheel.


I found this link helpful but could not provide step by step solution to the problem



Answer



Have a look at Completely brand new to GIS - Help picking technology from the pros and Where/How to Learn about Getting Started with Web GIS


I'd also recommend the tutorials and courses I've written as a way to get up to speed with the technology.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...