Friday 16 June 2017

qgis - How to rasterize a vector map?


I am looking for a way to create a raster grid from a vector map.



I have a map consisting of shapefiles which I want to export as a raster with UTM coordinates. I was thinking of something using the identify tool in QGIS but not really sure how to apply it.


I want a file which has x,y coordinates and feature id as the variables. Does anyone have any suggestions?



Answer



You have arcgis as one of your tags so I will answer from that perspective.


The tool for converting shapefile features into raster is Feature To Raster.


Alternatively, you may want to consider Exporting your map using one of the supported raster formats.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...