Thursday 15 June 2017

how to create a new postgis database for usage with QGIS under windows


After installing postgresql with postgis under windows xp I have 3 databases:


postgis
postgres
template_postgis

now I try to create a new spatially enabled database in pgAdminIII: I select template_postgis in the pgAdminIII object browser and via rightclick in the context-menu I select new object ->new database. when I try to use this database in QGIS with the spit-plugin I get the following error message:




the chosen database does not have PostGIS installed, but this is required for storage of spatial data.



How do I create a working spatial postgis database? please help a rookie


thanks


Kurt



Answer



Right-click on any database, choose New Database, fill Name and Owner and, under Template, choose template_postgis. Let me know if that works?


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...