Wednesday 21 June 2017

installation - QGIS 2.14 fails to install on Ubuntu 14.04


My previously working installation of QGIS 2.14 on Ubuntu 14.04 suddenly failed to start QGIS. I have been trying to reinstall QGIS without success. I have tried several ways to completely uninstall first, including this -


sudo apt-get autoremove
sudo apt-get autoclean
sudo apt-get -f install
sudo apt-get autoremove qgis
sudo apt-get --purge remove qgis


Then, on trying to reinstall QGIS, install fails with this error -


Setting up qgis-providers (1:2.14.0+20trusty-ubuntugis) ...
/usr/lib/qgis/crssync: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libqgis_core.so.2.14.0: undefined symbol: initGEOS_rdpkg: error processing package qgis-providers (--configure): subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 127

So qgis-providers is not getting configured. I have no idea what the undefined symbol issue might be.


I was using the qgis debian repository (http://qgis.org/debian) + the Ubuntugis repository (ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable/ubuntu). Also tried qgis ubuntu repos (http://qgis.org/ubuntugis). Tried only debian qgis repos (with ubuntugis turned off. All combinations fail configuring qgis-providers with same error.


I was able to install qgis 2.0 from the standard Ubuntu repository apparently without problem, but I find that my QGIS project files saved from 2.14 will not open in 2.0.


This has me stumped. I thought for sure I could just reinstall to recover, but after several frustrating hours, I could sure use some help or clues to some resolution.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...