Friday 30 June 2017

Exporting table from ArcGIS Desktop to Excel file?


Is there a way to export a table with selected records to an Excel spreadsheet?


I was trying to export just to .txt file but ArcGIS gives me an error message.



An error occurred exporting the table




The other problem I have is with coordinates. I want them only with one locus after the comma, I mean like the format: xx xx xx,x not like I have now xx xx xx,xxx.


alt text


The version of my software is 9.3.



Answer



Recent versions of ArcGIS, since 10.2 and we are now at 10.5, have a set of tools named Excel Toolset which has a Table To Excel tool which:



Converts a table to a Microsoft Excel file.



You can convert to excel directly from this tool. It does have some limitations. For example Excel 2010 onward supports 16,384 columns but ArcGIS will only export 256 when I last checked it.


I understand the need to go directly to Excel from a Geodatabase as using the DBF route will truncate your field names. If you are working in a shapefile I am not sure you gain much additional functionality.



See Jay's answer for the Parse command section of the answer as this still stands.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...