Sunday 18 June 2017

qgis - How to get the center line between two linestrings


Where is the track of a ship when it is shipping always in the center of the English Channel between the coasts of Great Britain and France?



  1. I started with 2 linestrings and I created a lot of points on the linestring with a postgis query.

  2. After that I created a distance matrix with Raster/Analysis/Proximity in QGIS.

  3. Finally I created an aspect raster from the output raster.


enter image description here


Is the red line really the "center line" between these two linestrings?


Is there a more efficient way to do this?





No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...