Saturday 24 June 2017

arcgis 10.0 - Why are Character Marker Symbol Dialog not showing up in the Symbol Property Editor dialog?


I just installed ArcGIS 10.2.1 on a brand new machine and for some reason Character Marker Symbols are not loading into the Symbol Property Editor.


Is anyone experiencing the same issue? Is there a solution for this?


enter image description here



Answer



I apologize for ansering my own question this quick but I checked on the ESRI forums and a similar problem is documented there: http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/9869-symbol-property-editor-will-not-display-character-marker-symbols


The culprit seems to be ATI video card with their application called Hydravision. I have an AMD FirePro W7000 (FireGL V) but it also does have HydraVision.


The solution is to disable the disable the "enable dialog repositioning" option.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...