Friday 25 November 2016

qgis - How to export the map in very high resolution


I made a map in QGIS.


Now I want to export the resulting image (layers upon layers) for further processing in GDAL.


The print composer only lets me export an image up to a fixed size. If I try to make it bigger via resolution or paper size, it says there might be a memory leak and refuses to export.



How can I export my map at a very high resolution (think 100k pixels per side)? I know it sounds silly but I really want to do this.




By making a map I mean adding various layers (vector and raster) and styling them. By map I meant the map view or a map view in the composer.


There totally might be a memory leak, I would think the developers removed the error otherwise (it is a non-quitting QGIS message dialog). I have lots of swap space though, so even if, it should be able to go very slowly.


I fully expect this to go above 10 gigabytes as GeoTIFF, that's totally fine for me. One of my inputs is 25G and ideally I would use it at 1:1 scale in my export. I did try the commandline export but QGIS simply quit (or crashed, gotta re-check) without outputting an image.


What I really want to do is create TMS tiles in a specific non-webmercator projection (EPSG:3035). There seems to be no sane workflow for this, so doing it via tif export, then gdal2tiles seems the best way. QTiles does not support anything non-webmercator.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...