Tuesday 15 November 2016

arcgis desktop - How to convert points to lines?


I want to convert these points to lines, however they are not sorted sequentially along a line (by ID or FID), i.e. the converted lines zig-zag across the obvious trail of points.


How can I join these point trails based on proximity to points?



I don't have access to the Near (Analysis) tool, which I thought might help me move froward.


Example



Answer




  1. One approach is to convert this to raster and then extract contours

  2. Another is to find the buffer for each point;Dissolve those buffers to get a narrow polygon;Find the center line of each dissolved polygon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...