Monday 28 November 2016

How to link to external files with relative path in QGIS actions?


Objective: I have point layers with attributes contain paths to external files (visio, autocad dwg...). I want to put them all in one folder together with the project file, compress the folder into a zip file and send it to my colleagues for reviews. When my colleague de-compress the zip file, they would be able to open those files with simple actions like the posts linked below.


My observation: what I want to accomplish is very similar to those discussed in this post and this post with one difference: when the zip file is de-compressed, absolute path to referenced files will be different. But I think that RELATIVE PATHS to the project file will be the same, so why not use this? The problem is: I can not find a way to open external files with relative paths inside QGIS.


Any idea how to solve this problem?


Thanks a lot!



Answer



You could try the eVis plugin for QGIS


http://biodiversityinformatics.amnh.org/open_source/evis/documentation.php#d0e390


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...