Tuesday 15 November 2016

qgis - Cropping elements from one layer to an element from another



I'm trying to make a hex map of a country (Russia, in this case). To do this, I've opened a map of Russia in QGIS (from Natural Earth), set up my projection, and created a hex grid with MMQGIS. So far, so good.


Now I want to crop the hexes with the shape of Russia. I've tried using the intersect option, but I get this error:


"Input CRS error: One or more input layers missing coordinate
reference information, results may not be as expected."

and an empty shapefile for my troubles. What am I doing wrong?


UPDATE: Ok, so now I have them both in the same coordinate system (based on an Albers projection using meters), but I'm still not able to get an intersection to work:



Warnings: Input CRS error: One or more input layers missing coordinate reference information, results may not be as expected. GEOS geoprocessing error: One or more input features have invalid geometry. Some output geometries may be missing or invalid.




The output shapefile is empty.


I was able to generate a version that almost works using WGS84 coordinates, but that had some problems with the 180° meridian...





No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...