Saturday 26 November 2016

pgrouting - Getting closest point from table in PostGIS?


I have a table of pgrouting nodes, structured like this:


CREATE TABLE ways_vertices_pgr
(
id bigserial NOT NULL,
cnt integer,
chk integer,
ein integer,

eout integer,
the_geom geometry(Point,4326),
CONSTRAINT ways_vertices_pgr_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id)
)

PGrouting requires the node id, before it can route in-between two locations. My Input are two points(i.e. with Lat & long).


How do I get the node id from the Lat-long? How do I select the closest node?



Answer



I found this link: http://www.sqlexamples.info/SPAT/postgis_nearest_point.htm


based on which, I created the following function:



CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION get_nearest_node
(IN x_long double precision, IN y_lat double precision) -- input parameters
RETURNS TABLE -- structure of output
(
node_id bigint ,
dist integer -- distance to the nearest station
) AS $$

BEGIN


RETURN QUERY

SELECT id as node_id,
CAST
(st_distance_sphere(the_geom, st_setsrid(st_makepoint(x_long,y_lat),4326)) AS INT)
AS d
FROM ways_vertices_pgr
ORDER BY the_geom <-> st_setsrid(st_makepoint(x_long, y_lat), 4326)
LIMIT 1;


-- geometric operator <-> means "distance between"

END;
$$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;

This function gives me the node id & the distance


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...