Monday 21 November 2016

How to automate export in Tilemill?


I have installed Tilemill to export my map as mbtiles,and I used mbutil to export as PNG images & UTFGrid.So forth,I have a Tilemill project with MSS(Carto) files.Now the data source is going to change weekly and I wish to automate this action.


So does Tilemill support command-line scripting or something else to export my project with given properties ??


Current System : Windows 7 x64


EDIT in response to @Sunil:



TileMill doesn't have any features for automatically manipulating your Carto stylesheets, but you could use a bash script to manipulate the Carto files directly. TileMill also has an export command that can be called from bash.




On Mac OS X, you could run a command like this in the Terminal for more details about using the export command:


/Applications/TileMill.app/Contents/Resources/node /Applications/TileMill.app/Contents/Resources/index.js export --help


The exact command depends on how you installed TileMill


Unfortunately,same command for Mac OS X does not work on my current system.What does the last sentence mean,is there different installations of Tilemill ?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...